Other standards-related publications by SAFE team members:
1. Daviron, B. and S. Ponte (2005) The coffee paradox: Global markets, commodity trade and the elusive promise of development. Zed Books: London and New York.
2. Gibbon, P. and S. Ponte (2005) Trading down: Africa, value chains and the global economy. Temple University Press: Philadelphia.
3. Giovannucci, D. and S. Ponte (2005) ‘Standards as a New Form of Social Contract? Sustainability Initiatives in the Coffee Industry,’ Food Policy 30(3): 284-301.
4. Lazaro E.A, Kilima F., Makindara J., (2006) ‘A situational analysis of Institutional Capacities for Meeting Spice Export Standards Requirements in Tanzania’. Agricultural Economics Society of Tanzania (AGREST) Conference Series Vol. 7: 209-224.
5. Mdoe, N.S.Y; Senkondo, E.M. and Mpenda, Z (2006). ‘Institutions and Food Safety Standards in Tanzania: The Case of Nile Perch Exports’. Agricultural Economics Society of Tanzania (AGREST) Conference Series Volume 7: 273-297.
6. Ponte, S. (2007) ‘Bans, Tests and Alchemy: Food Safety Regulation and the Uganda Fish Export Industry’, Agriculture and Human Values 27(2): 179-193.
7. Ponte, S. (2008) ‘The Marine Stewardship Council and Developing Countries,’ in T. Ward and B. Phillips (eds.) Seafood Ecolabelling: Principles and Practice. Blackwell Science: Oxford, pp. 287-304.
8. Ponte, S. and P. Gibbon (2005) ‘Quality Standards, Conventions and the Governance of Global Value Chains,”’ Economy and Society 34(1): 1-31.
9. Ponte, S., J. Raakjśr and L. Campling (2007) ‘Swimming Upstream: Market Access for African Fish Exports in the Context of WTO and EU Negotiations and Regulation,’ Development Policy Review 25(1): 113-138.
10. Gibbon, P. and S. Bolwig, with Lone Riisgaard and Nina Grunth (2007) 'The Economic Impact of a Ban on Imports of Air freighted Organic Products to the UK'. Report submitted to the International Trade Centre, Geneva.
11. Bolwig, S., P. Gibbon, M. Odeke, A. Taylor (2008) 'Certified organic export production – implications for economic welfare and gender equality among smallholder farmers in tropical Africa'. UNCTAD/DITC/TED/2007/7 (Policy Brief). UNCTAD, Geneva. Available at: http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/ditcted20077_en.pdf
12. Bolwig, S. and M. Odeke (2007) 'Household food security effects of certified organic export production in tropical Africa: a gendered analysis'. Research report submitted to EPOPA (Sida).
13. Bolwig, S. and L. You (2007) 'Quality or volume? An economic evaluation of coffee development strategies'. Development in Practice 17(3) (June).
14. Daviron, B. and S. Ponte (2007) Le paradoxe du café. Quae, Versailles.
15. Ponte, S. (2008) 'Greener than thou: The Political Economy of Fish Ecolabeling and its Local Manifestations in South Africa', World Development 36(1): 159-175.
16. Gibbon, P. (2008) ‘An analysis of the regulation of organic agriculture in the European Union, 1991-2007’, Journal of Agrarian Change 8(4): 553-582.
17. Bolwig, S., P. Gibbon and S. Jones (2009) 'The economics of smallholder organic contract farming in tropical Africa'. World Development 37(6): 1094-1104
18. Gibbon, P. (2008) ‘An analysis of the regulation of organic agriculture in the European Union, 1991-2007’, Journal of Agrarian Change 8(4): 553-582
19. Ponte, S. (2008) ‘The Marine Stewardship Council and Developing Countries,’ in T. Ward and B. Phillips (eds.) Seafood Ecolabelling: Principles and Practice. Blackwell Science: Oxford, pp. 287-304.
20. Riisgaard, L. (2009) 'Global Value Chains, Labour Organization and Private Social Standards: Lessons from East African Cut Flower Industries'. World Development, 37(2): 326-340.
21. Simon Bolwig, Peter Gibbon and Sam Jones (2009) 'The Economics of Smallholder Organic Contract Farming in Tropical Africa’, World Development 37(6): 1094-1104.
22. Ponte, S. (2009) 'Governing through Quality: Conventions and Supply Relations in the Value Chain for South African Wine', Sociologia Ruralis 49(3): 236-257.
23. Ponte, S. and J. Ewert (2009) 'Which Way is "Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine', World Development 37(9) DOI:10.1016/j.worlddev.2009.03.008
24. Ponte, S. (2009) "From Fishery to Fork: Food Safety and Sustainability in the ‘Virtual’ Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy (KBBE),” Science as Culture, in press
25. Ponte, S. (forthcoming, 2010) “Quality Conventions and Governance in the Wine Trade: A Global Value Chain Approach”, in D. Inglis and D. Gimlin (eds.) The Globalization of Food. Berg: Oxford.